for hospital L&D staff and nursing students
Looking for a way to enhance your labor support skills?
Want a quick refresher for your L&D staff?
Want a doula training that’s designed specifically for nursing students?
We have you covered!
What can you expect with your training?
Think of us as your liaisons- we work with birth professionals and families on a daily basis and want to share all of our experience with you so families can have the best possible outcomes.
- Trainings for hospital staff available
- Group trainings for nursing students
- When possible we train IN hospital to use the tools you’re familiar with
- Even the most experienced nurses learn from us!
I’ve been an L&D nurse for 25 years. I came into this training thinking there wasn’t a thing I could learn. I was wrong. Thank you!- Pam
Portland July 11 & 12, 2018
- 9am – 5pm
- Snacks provided
- Location of training disclosed upon confirmation of registration
- Topics to be covered
Overview of Doula RoleScope of Practice as a DoulaThe overlap between Nurses/Providers and DoulasACOGs recommendationsCalifornia Maternal Quality Care Research and implementation ideasBiasBirth & Labor Review (abreviated)Support Techniques: Ideally held at a hospital- but not guaranteed
- Positions in the birth room
- Peanut Ball
- Mal position
- “Challenging” Labor Tips and Tricks
- Support for Cesarean Births
Support of Partners
Grief and loss (used as a supplement not full training
- Empathy vs Sympathy
Role Playing and PracticeScenario walk throughsCommon scenarios in the birth room