Doula Training & Certification
take the next steps to become a doula
Think of Portland Doula Training as a conduit; we are here to help you launch your business with confidence, starting with our Labor Doula workshops:
- In-person support
- Quality-assured curriculum designed to give you the best start to your career
- Business training and resources
- Local and online support team
Upcoming Doula Workshops
Let us Know if you are interested!Let Us Know You’re Intersted
- Friday & Saturday 8:30am-6:30pm
- Snacks provided
- Catered Lunch on Saturday
- Location of training disclosed upon confirmation of registration
- Includes manual and lunch
- Late registration fee of $100 registering afterBring a friend, get $50 back (limit 3)
Other Details & Questions
Your training is offered by a highly experienced birth and postpartum doula who believes in passing on knowledge, practical information, and helping you skip the mistakes that many new doulas make. You’ll have access to your trainer for ongoing support AND:
- The Labor Doula Training Class includes the Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
- Certification and policies
- Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
- Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
- Support for every stage of labor and birth
- Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
- Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
- Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
- Cesarean and VBAC support
- Prenatal and postpartum consultations and support
- Breastfeeding initiation and support
- Business development, marketing, and networking to create a successful career
- And much more!
Snacks (chocolate of course!) provided, Lunch provided on 2nd day of Portland, Or area trainings.
Hands on skills taught, practical tips given, realistic scenarios explored, and business information included!
The BASIC steps are:
- Take a Training
- Complete Readings
- Complete Evaluations and Workbook
- Send to PDT certification office
All other cancellations will be charged a $100.00 processing fee if occurring more than three weeks prior to workshop date.
If the cancellation is made within three weeks of the workshop, no refund will be given.
Cancellations prior to training have the option of having payment applied to a training workshop given by the same PDT Trainer within 12 months. (No-shows are not eligible for registration transfer.) Only ONE transfer of registration is permitted. If applicant does not attend a workshop within 12 months, all fees are forfeited.
I understand I should not make non-refundable travel arrangements unless I have received confirmation from PDT Training that the training is confirmed.